Raja KARAN CHAND SINGH BABA
Address : Fort Kashipur, Mohalla Katora Tal, P.O. Kashipur, Distt. U.S.Nagar, Uttarakhand
Raja KARAN CHAND SINGH BABA born 29th March 1947 in Lucknow,
- Educated at St. Joseph`s College, Nainital and Senior Cambridge.
- Head of the Senior Line descended from the old Rajas of Kumaon.
- Presides over the annual prayer at Almora's main temple dedicated to the Goddess Nanda Devi.
- Chairman of the Nagar Paliika in Kashipur 1986.
- Member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly 1989/1991 and 1996/2001.
- Member of the Lok Sabha XIV 2004/-.
- Member of the Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests.
- Uttar Pradesh Power Lifting Champion (five times), winner of Strongest Man of U.P and Best Lifter Award.
- Two times National Power Lifting Champion, held national records in Bench Press.
- Asia Championship; won two Silver and two Bronze Medals; Member of the Indian National Team that won the Asian Championship held in Indonesia in 1984.
- Married 16th January 1974, Rani Mani Mala Devi, and has issue, 2 sons and 1 daughter.